View Single Post
      02-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #154
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
I don't know if he's lying or just doesn't know. INPA and even NCS Expert will install just fine under x64. However, running them is another story. A lot of the subroutines use legacy 16-bit programs which are not supported in 64-bit versions of Windows. While some functions may work, I think you are just asking for trouble down the road. For example, NCS will not run at all because it has some 16-bit code and I believe it also uses some EDIABAS libraries that are 16-bit.

In my 3 years of coding experience with this platform, I have not figured out a way to get everything to work properly on an x64 platform. If dzenno, of all people, has figured out a way... then, great. To avoid headaches, however, I still recommend using a 32-bit version of Windows. You can even run it inside a virtual machine if you don't want to reformat your laptop. Another good option is downloading Windows XP Mode from Microsoft.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions beyond what's already covered on the forums and I'll be happy to help as I did with Vasil.

Thanks man...
Appreciate 0