07-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherif0203 View Post
Hey guys, I have an 08' w/ stock oil cooler, I do NOT track it, but I do push the car on a regular basis. I'm about to purchase a JB4 and want to qualify this first:

1. Is it safe to run this tune w/o upgrading OC for my 'agressive' daily driver?

2. Is it safe to run this tune w/o upgrading IC for my 'aggressive' daily driver?

3. Do those who have made these other upgrades seen a difference in more USEABLE power on very hot summer days?

I also know that essentially by doing this I'm shortening the long term lifespan of my engine and parts. Despite this, I'd like to do my best to curb this by providing as much cooling as possible. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I CAN GET AWAY WITH IN THE SHORT TERM (6 months or so) BEFORE I PONY UP $$ FOR UPGRADING OC & IC.

THANK YOU ALL !
An upgraded oil cooler is only really needed when you do open lapping track days. The stock FMIC is pretty crappy and is a good upgrade but if keeping the car stock and keeping it on map1 one it shouldn't be to big of an issue keeping it stock.

An upgraded FMIC doesn't really give you much power gains but prevents power loss on hot day or on back to back runs.

Just keep it on map1 or map5 for now and you will be fine, and when you mod more bring it up to map2, etc.

Hope that helped.

Mike

Last edited by Mike@N54Tuning.com; 07-22-2012 at 08:39 PM..
Appreciate 0