10-24-2012, 02:08 AM   #38
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M Pure S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
I don't normally do this but I feel like I had to make a post. Despite reading the thread on ARMA's supercharger, I figured I'd shoot them a PM anyway regarding their n52 headers for my Z4. I've saved all my PM's but long story short they will do anything to make a sale.

I told them I was interested in the headers but first wanted to know if they fit the Z4 (same motor as e90 but I'm almost certain headers are different seeing how companies like Supersprint have different model numbers). Their responses were along the lines "yes it fits, we've sold them to other Z4's". When I prod a bit for fitment proof, they start back tracking... "can't ensure fitment b/c it was a Japan-spec (RHD) Z4"... When I then ask for customer pictures, they say they have none. So at the end, I say at the very least send me your own R&D pictures - surely you would've done some test fitting on your own cars before you mass produce a product claiming to fit a certain car. They finally admit, NEVER even test fitted on their own cars but in theory it should work, but no guarantees. Yet they still hold onto their story that they've "sold" to other Z4 owners... right... these mysterious Z4 owners in Japan.

I'm sure the fact these headers were originally marketed towards e90 customers, fitment should not be a problem. And yes this is e90post, not zpost but nonetheless I think this experience says something considering how they handled that supercharger debacle. It just bothers me that unless the buyer is fully educated and knows to ask the right technical questions, ARMA would pass on a product to the passive buyer to make a quick sale. And we all know how their post-sale customer service is. Buyer beware.

is yours the E89 Z4 with the N52 motor? if so, it should be able to fit, with some tweaking of the air con pipe.. cause i had the headers in my car too. though there was no improvement in performance..
Appreciate 0