Booster4075
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smercki View Post
Hello Booster4075

it excuses the bad English, I write with automatic translator.
I am Italian and I have climbed on the navigator professional on e90 with radio business. In your report I have not seen the connection of the pin 12 (white connector of the ccc) to the centralina you turn wheel, for great precision in the signal of navigation, I attach two photos of the connections.
To be honest - I'm not sure I know what wire you are talking about. You are correct - I made no mention of hooking up the wire you are talking about. In doing a little research with the WDS, I think I do see what you are talking about - I see a GE/BL wire going from pin #12 of connector x13814 at the CCC which goes to the DSC (which translates from the left front wheel speed sensor.)

Interesting. I'm pretty sure that US cars don't even have a connector fitted at the CCC for x13814. (there certainly is no white or any connector on my car!) I do know that the DSC talks to the CCC, but I think it comes over the K-can bus. One WDS diagram I looked at mentioned that this was only for cars in China/Japan/Korea, so I wonder if its a JNAV thing. Although the other diagram I looked at did not specify, so I interpreted it to be for all cars. I dunno for sure - interesting...I had not seen this. Luckily, the CCC has internal dead-reckoning ability to maintain its bearing even when the GPS signal is (temporarily) non-existant. To my knowledge, I'm not getting any errors/faults since I did not hook this up - I will check again though. (I'm assuming you are referring to connector x13814 since pin 11 of connector x13812 is the K-can High wire)

Rest assured, it works fine (at least on my US car) NOT hooking this up...I took a 1500 mile road trip two weeks ago - NAV worked flawlessly.
Appreciate 0