03-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #325
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
dude, that fuggin sucks!

my f10 550 turned out great and still looks so damn good right now. i still look at them like "damnnn" every time i walk away.

hope you get it sorted and i also hope you're a one-off experience because i have other cars going there in the future.

good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Blck328I View Post
This will be a long post concerning this shop-

I have had some bad experiences at shops before (haven't we all?) But this one takes the cake. Yes Dan and his crew seem quite nice- but I personally had nothing but a nightmare experience. I drive a 2011 328I Black on black car and as someone that values his ride, since my car is black it is almost impossible to go a week without washing it. I washed my vehicle on the Saturday before I dropped it off at Primo on Monday- this would mean my car was washed 2 days prior to being dropped off for the wheels - why is this important you ask? well I after I picked up my car from Primo it was extremely dusty I mean totally filled with dust. i didn't say anything since I just figured it was just that dust. I didnt wash my car right away since a little mix up about doing my lug nutz and that meant I had to bring the car back (I did just 2 days later) So after I brought my vehicle back to Primo for the lug nutz- I washed the vehicle that day to enjoy my new rims well that didnt happen at all.

I was horrified to see that there was overspray ALL OVER MY CAR! This is why I started with the fact that I had just washed the car and if your thinking maybe your car was somewhere on Sunday that could of been the cause of the overspray.. one I would of noticed~ and I was at church all day (had a meeting till 5pm) and then I was home no painting at all going on in the neighborhood. Primo will not claim responsibility (Though he gave me $250 for me to have a detail done) Now I will come back to this portion in bit but more horrifying areas to touch on.

When I first picked up my vehicle I noticed the back driver side rim had a mark that was in the paint (it was not a scratch it would not even buff out) I pointed this out when I brought the vehicle in for the lug nutz. Dan said he would redo the rim whenever I wanted to bring the car back in. Now after I had discovered that the rim was the least of my concerns (OVERSPRAY) I actually ended up dinging my front driver side wheel... (I do not hit curbs- but being upset at this whole thing got me). Dan was nice in saying he would redo that wheel as well (I will post pics of this) So me trying to be trusting and really just wanted my wheels to be done with.. I allowed Primo one more shot at this- Needless to say my wheels came out worse-

For those of you deciding to go this faster route with PRIMO- know this - they do not fully strip a wheel before they coat them- how do I know this? Well Dan told me it would take 3 days to send your wheels off to be stripped- that means in a single day job.. he is not doing this... I also knew this when I picked up my car after the wheels were done the second time~ I have center caps and the center caps were barely in place - and he admitted that they just resprayed them. as I said I will post a picture of what is happening to my wheels.

Now back to my real concern- after I sent the pictures of what was going on with my wheels he refunded 230$ for the job PRIMO did. this gives me a full refund- yet if your following me- it does zip for the damage to my car's paint.

This is such a headache because- I paid for a service and as you can see it was not provided- and to top it off I am out whatever extra it is going to cost to make sure my car's paint is brought back to what it was prior- so as I said as well PRIMO will not take responsibility for the damage to my paint- they are insistent that they only work with powder- BUT lets look at that

One Dan says they only work with powder-no wet paint.

1. This tells me you know that there is a possibility that IT was powder all over my vehicle when I picked it up.
2. Dan said there was no way that the powder could not adhere to the paint- This I found out is not true whatsoever~ if it is hot enough I have been told and of course my car can testify that it can indeed. (My car sat all day Tuesday in the sun (80+) Car is black you do the math.)
3. Dan tells me that they did not put a COVER over my vehicle because it came in too dirty.... now I already told you my car was washed 2 days prior- there is no way it was that dirty and if it was WOULD IT BE TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT YOU PUT IT OUT OF HARMS WAY?

Now my fellow E90 people you can have a perfectly good experience here- someone indeed had already.

but this was my experience and as I have said we all have had some bad ones... this too me is at the top of that short list.

Email from Dan-
Hector,

We do close to 5,000 rims a year and have done so for the last 5 yrs
I have never had a rim do that on us.
Nor have we ever had anyones car end up with paint all over it.

We do not put car covers over cars that come in dirty. That would scratch them. We blow them off with clean air.
Your car came in too dirty to cover according to my crew.

I have no problem giving you a full refund for the "same day wheel" service.

Every company has jobs that go south - sorry yours did not go well.
We had the best intentions.