07-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E92 | N55 F15 | N55 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkw1sh View Post
I do not own a paint shop, but my MTech kit is being painted now, and the install is not hard at all, I had to do much more complex retrofits before, this is basically plug and play, the rear took a while to take off but with patience and the right tools it only took like and hour and if i had to do it again it would take much less, the front is where it took the longest.
From what I understand, the front is not plug and play if you want air to flow properly to the brake ducts and oil cooler. You need to cut away some framing to fit the proper mtech specific ducting . Also the rear bumper should come off super easily if you pull it up and under. That guy who has got a DIY on YouTube was doing it completely wrong.

Its interesting that your body shop wouldn't just throw in the install as part of the painting fee. But on second thoughts, I would probably do it myself if Hong kong wasn't the most cramped place on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scflaw View Post
Your lucky =( how'd you get such a big discount?
I'm not entirely sure. It was $8,800 for the just the retrofit kit, and I think with the requisite extra's for a 335i it came out to around $10k. The only drawback is the 8 week wait, but whatever. Hate to kill ECS's sale, but shipping a bulky body kit from the states has got to cost more than that by itself. I think they'd even have a hard time beating the base price. Unless OP is in a mad rush, bide your time. After all, time does make the heart gore fonder
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Appreciate 0