07-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #9
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
The adjustment range in the stock suspension is only enough when the car is at stock ride height. Lowering the car changes things, namely camber and toe - and the stock adjustment range may be insufficient to get it back within spec.

If your friend could align the car with the stock suspension, then I don't think he/she is at fault; that also means that there's nothing wrong with the stock parts.

Each side of the car doesn't have to match the other side, it just needs to be within spec. What was the exact problem when lowered - too much camber? Too much toe? And on which axle? An alignment sheet would be helpful.

P.S. it's normal with these cars to have some corners at different heights.
Thanks for the response. All the issues were with the rear axle. Unfortunately I don't have a spec sheet. We weren't aiming to get each side to match perfectly, rather we just wanted them relatively close. I believe at the time I was aiming for somewhere between 2.5-3 degrees of camber, one side ended up at like 2.8* and the other at 2.0* or something like that. That's as close as it would go. It definitely didn't drive in a straight line, and the steering wheel would shake.

I'm thinking maybe camber arms will fix the problem. I asked a BMW tech friend of mine, he said he had a friend with a slammed BMW that wouldn't align correctly and the camber arms fixed the problem. Thoughts?

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0