View Single Post
      07-09-2014, 12:40 AM   #1187
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Don't you guys pull your codes on your car to diag it? Buy a simple $30 ebay coding cable and get the free BMWLogger software made by Smooth1 here on the forums. Pull your codes and it will tell you exactly what the car is upset about. It's the same things the dealership will do and with a little googling you can see the fix based on the codes you are getting. Once you get a code that's common for the HPFP issue, then you call around to your local BMW deaelrship service departments and say:

"Hey my Indy mechanic pull the following codes: XXXX, YYYY, ZZZZ... he said that should be an issue with my HPFP and it should have a 10 year/120,000 mile extended warranty on my car. Can you pull up the DAVIS report using the last five digits of my VIN to see the recall campaigns that are open on my car. <listening to his reply> Oh you don't say, I have HPFP open recall, an 8 year / 82,000 mile wastegate rattle recall, and a battery power distribution block recall open on my car... well sign me up for the free loaner, free tow, free coffee/water/bagel/donut, and free repair cuz I need all that fixed my friend."
Appreciate 0