United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
thanks guys, still a tough call for me

i dont like the idea of having to do WOT 3rd gear runs on the street. thats the one negative for me as far as the E-tune goes. its really the only thing holding me back at this point.

i would really enjoy the process either way, and i am a bit intrigued by the potential higher level of involvement with the e-tune process so i can learn a little more.

ahhhhhh
I did the Pro E-Tune with Dzenno @ PTF. I would say the big disconnect was my knowledge to communicate to Dzenno. But like Dzenno said, he didn't stop till it was butter.. lol... We even spent many logs to fix the 2K surge issue. PTF is a loyal vendor.

the E-Tune will most likely take longer because it depends on when you can provide a log like you said. I had to do mine around 10 pm where traffic was light or non existing. And i had the perfect safe flat road. But always that fear of a CHP.

If you choose the E-Tune you won't be dissatisfied, PTF won't stop till you are satisfied and the logs are butter. They have done enough to know what this car can and can't do and know how the logs should read.

In the end, if i was within a couple hours driving, i would do the Pro Tune in hopes of taking care of it in 1 day. Just be sure you communicate to COBB what your expectations and objectives are, same goes to PTF..

Oh yeah,

i would recommend doing a second Pro MAP on 93 Octane (if you do a High Ethanol MAP). That way if you are out and about and don't have Ethanol pump stations near, you can switch to a Pro 93 MAP and still have great power.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI

Last edited by VNeBLOB42; 01-03-2013 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 0