View Single Post
      03-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #44
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: can't list them all

^^HerbZ,

The way you perceive things worries me. Do you think a Evo owner and STI owner or SRT-4 owner actually buys a car so that they can be "faster than you for $15000 less" ?, Am I guessing you are refereing to the $15000 less than a BMW 335I? No, that is not the case.

Your idea of: " I can buy a high milage E30 for $2,000, with no rust, strip out the engine and transmission, buy an S52 with tranny for $7k, bore it and turbocharge it for $5k, install it into the E30, upgrade the E30's suspension, chassis, breaks, rims, ECU, and cosmetics, and i'll have a car that performs and looks better than 90% of modded Evo's, WRX, and STi's, and i've still payed significantly less money than them. ($20k)"

sounds good for you but I seriously doubt anyone would like to go that route. There are many other better chasi, power plants and setups to choose.. I personally wouldn't never spent $20000 trying to make a E30 fast.

So your plan is:
E30 for $2,000
S52 with tranny for $7k
bore it and turbocharge it for $5k
install it into the E30, upgrade the E30's suspension, chassis, breaks, rims, ECU, and cosmetics (for the remaining $6000)

Wow! does that include tuning? labor? soo... for about $6000 you can get upgrade brakes, upgrade superwide tires and rims to accomodate such power, then suspension and off course cosmethics too right? perhaps a nice metalic paint right?javascript:add_smilie(":bowrofl:")

Uhmm, how about seats? and yeah one more thing, what about cvs , driveshaft and rear beefed diff? LSD right?javascript:add_smilie(":bowrofl:")

Good luck on your $20000 E30 that looks better than the Evos/STIs, outhandles the Evos/STIs, outbrakes the Evos/STIs and outperforms the Evos.javascript:add_smilie(":bowrofl:")

Carlos

Last edited by Evo8MRto335I; 03-10-2007 at 11:57 PM..
Appreciate 0