View Single Post
      01-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #90
BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Its a perfect bike for an old fart, no bent up back to straighten out when I get off.

Sorry but I don't think driving a 91 Taurus with 275K miles on it and buying a older BMW with 100K miles on it qualifies "as good as brand new". From that point on we more further & further apart on how we choose to live our lives.

Its not about my being snotty or being better then you its all about demonstrating there is more then one way to live comfortably then cash only. You made your choice which you are beating everyone over the head with. Calling everyone who disagrees with you and had made different choices stupid is just arrogant & badly misinformed. You keep saying I don’t know your circumstances but one thing is very clear you don’t know any of ours.

I have used credit, I believe wisely my whole life, without any of the dire consequences you claim will befall people who borrow. No one I know in the neighborhood has fallen into the abyss & new cars that I think are very nice pop-up pretty regularly in the sub division.

Bottom line is the OP asked a question about a BMW, new or used, top of the line or not & a balloon note. He got a lot of opinions that based on the experience of the people offering them were valid for each of those offering them. Then you come along with the mantra of don’t borrow, don’t borrow or your world will end & its to bad all you morons who borrow are too stupid to realize it. I don’t think you are going to convince anyone you have the correct life plan by calling them stupid.

IMHO unless he has a $600/700 car allowance from his job or his take home pay is well above average for a recent grad a $50K car is well out of his range. I don’t think riding a bike for X years while he saves up $15/20K is a good plan either. So that leaves the possibility of looking at a good mid range car like a new or CPO Honda Accord price range car. This would get him started without strain, establish credit & have something to trade/sell when he has progressed on the job. At the end of the day its his choice & he will have to live with it.

BTW I would run away fast from any salesman that even remotely suggested a balloon note.

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-04-2013 at 09:20 AM..
Appreciate 0