View Single Post
      01-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #907
oztiks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Gran coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
The number of n54s you owned does NOT qualify you to be the expert. cos you barely owned them more than a year each plus you barely put miles in them. I have owned my cars generally over 10 years, this 335 is 5.5 years and the only issue was the HPFP under warranty. If it fails again it will cost me a couple hundred $, no biggie.

IMNSHO, the issues the n54 have are nothing, the engine is bulletproof, all the issues you mentioned are just peripherals, annoying yes, likely to have catastrophic result like engine failure, no!
3 out of the 5 had all the failures I mentioned...and as u say, I baby them, don't race them, yet I had all them extremely annoying issues...all I can say is thank God..all issues were under warranty Bottom line is, you tell the guy to buy it .. what if , 3 minutes on the highway (mr.limp mode) shows his face? He's better off paying 1500 more and getting it certified by BMW. I believe , my experience visiting BMW dealer ships and gettign to know their families on a first name basis...and counting every tile in that place ..makes me an expert. 1674 tiles on the floor and walls, 238 in the wash room.
Appreciate 0