View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #77
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorinser View Post
I have a little update from the field rep.
This is what Copart did to my car

1) potentially stole the connection between the start push button and ignition, and that's why car won't start. Potentially...if not case then bigger problems in engine
2) entire console doesn't fit properly back into place. Center console and radio area/nav needs to be replaced
3) HiFi amp to be replaced bc gone
4) toolbox gone
5) needs detail inside and out because cant see dents or scratches bc it's so dirty

Edit: 6) body damage in quarter panels, bumpers, hood

He said to take it to dealer and see about ignition switch and if that's the problem. And go from there. They will cover all costs and I pay 0 costs.
However my concern is copart. This is criminal, and he said they would have to pay up, not to me but to insurance.

Frankly I don't even want the car anymore but need this taken care of.
Anything I can do to copart? I'm told no and it's their problem.

Insurance is going to go into a settlement case with copart. If somehow they lose, I Will have to pay my $1k deductible.....
The insurance co is trying to find the cheapest way out. They should write you a check for the value when it was picked up since the vehicle will ever be the same. I would file a claim against the ins co for the vehicle and intentional damage. You should get compensated for the vehicle + the time without your vehicle + the criminal act. It's time to get a lawyer. I wouldn't touch the vehicle.

GL

Last edited by Mavus; 01-08-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0