Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
:( Detail gone wrong

Few days ago I decided to get a cheap detail at a place where they mainly do tints but they also do carwashes on the side. It was $50 for a clay bar, wax, interior shampoo + wax. I bring the guy a lot of business so I got it $40. So I pick it up 6:30 at night and under the light it looked really clean but the next day I go to a friends house and its about 5:00 pm so the sun is half way down and this is when your car is supposedly looking its best. I'm looking around at it and I see wax residue here and there and I look on my hood and there are dents. Not actual physical dents but its visual. You couldn't feel the dents but you can see them. One of my friends who used to detail high end cars was there and he told me this is because of wax left on a car and put under the sun.

My friend and I go to the place where I got the car detailed and we get in an argument, the guy says that's impossible and my friend says its very possible. We looked at the 'wax' he used and its basically a cheap sealant that would just wash off and keeps the car shiny for only 2 days. The owner obviously doesn't give a crap he said this shop is a "bullshit side business" and he did a quick wax job..there's no such thing as a quick wax job. There's no way to prove he made the dents so the best I could do was get my $40 back.

So my question is, how can I get rid of these "dents"? Under some light and angle it looks really bad on the hood and parts of the fenders. I mean when I got the car last year it was unbelievably clean but after that day looks like I need a new hood. My friend says they're burn marks from wax left on under the sun which basically burnt away the clear coat on these spots. Will a legit $200-300 detail fix it?

Again you can't feel the dents, you can see them at certain angles so they aren't really dents.
Appreciate 0