View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #18
jbnery6465
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
We tend to overthink these things. Compared to what our paint is built to withstand, even applying a sealant once or twice a year is probably overkill. For me, these coatings aren't for me as I enjoy spending some time with cars on the weekend and putting on a nice layer of wax. It'll give me a few months or protection, but I never let it get that far. I wax or seal all my cars at least once a month. MORE than plenty of protection.
Sealing a car at least once a month is probably a little more overkill than twice a year

I definitely like spending time with the car as well...but have more fun spending time with my 2-year old. I've heard that some people put wax on top of their "nano" coatings just for looks and self-pleasure. I could see my self doing a nano-coat (to protect paint and keep the shine longer) and applying some carnauba every 2 months for the depth and slickness factor...and I just love the smell of wax!