06-13-2018, 08:13 AM   #40
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post

It was 20 years ago. We would drive an hour outside of the city to an industrial area. There was no one else on the streets but a bunch of kids in lowered economy cars. We'd watch them do 15sec+ 1/4 miles, smoke Marlboros because that's what grown men do, and looked under hoods and pretended that colored spark plug wires made cars faster until 5-0 showed up and we'd all scramble towards our 120hp rockets to get away. Cheap fiberglass bumpers would get destroyed as we sped off on uneven pavement, fart cans farting, city lights twinkling in the night. My oversized rear view mirror gave me the situational awareness needed to escape, vTec and a 7 second 0-60 gave me the speed, hours of Gran Turismo 1 gave me the skill. My Momo shift knob ensured every shift was precise and quick, the holes in our rear bumpers made us light and agile, I turned the AC off to divert all power to the front wheels where I needed it. We thought it was pretty cool... at the time.
Did you guys tell pizza boy that the road was closed and he had to find another way home?
Appreciate 1
Rokoz296.00