View Single Post
      05-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #19
cdenault
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i e93

328i E93 m3 styled skirts fitment issue

I am new here, but I will try to do this right. I will answer your question about the fitment and not head off on another issue. I just bought 100% fitment side skirts from MODBAR--S (IN missing). They are nice. I fitted them but did not bolt them up tight. I had them painted and I returned them to the car for final fitment. The front popped on perfectly. The back popped on perfectly. I had to use the old clips since the clips I got with my side skirts fit something else entirely. Then I climbed underneath and then began to bolt them up from the front to the back.

Last two plastic bolts underneath, and rear bolts do not line up. I pushed and pushed and got the first one in but no go onthe others. I peaked inside the skirt and on the E93 2008 328I, I could see that the frame/body had a little shelf that did not touch any where except the last six inches where the skirt curves in. PANIC..... Well, I took out the grinder and removed about 1/2 inch about 2 inches long where it was pressing against the skirt. Then I tried again and the skirt fit. I painted the grinding and it really was not noticable.

Now when i peak inside, I can see this lip which looks like it has rectangle drains does not touch the skirt anywhere. Its not 100% fitment and the parts that were included go to something else. Thank god I had my parts. I hope this helps. Oh yeah, for those who complain, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I wish it was an M-3, but it isn't. Cudos to those who own the real ones.
Appreciate 0