View Single Post
      07-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #68
Bluesnake01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 335i Sedan, 6AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
- Turbo waste gate, which if not correctly done, will lead to turbo seal issues that have to be repaired because the seals weren't replaced when the waste gate was fixed.
- Water pump - this will likely go just after your warranty expires.
Are the turbo waste gate/s not covered on the newer cars? I know the 335i from 07-10 are covered for 8 years or 82k miles I believe.
Now I agree on the water pump, mine just went out. Im sure the 335is shares a lot of its parts with the 335i, so this will be something that will most likely go out after your warranty is done. Mine died at 62k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietQuirk View Post
The tires though? That's a different story and I recommend getting rid of the run flats ASAP. They wear easily and if you get a nail in them you're screwed and have to take them in for a new set.
True but you don't need to get a new set or new tire if the nail was not in the sidewall or the tire wasn't in low pressure (below 10 I believe). Mine had a nail and was fixed, still perfectly fine and that was 4 months ago. They are crap though, one of my front one's has a bubble on the side wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayjob3 View Post
As mentioned in previous post im only getting roughly 180 miles out of a full tank with 100% stop n go city traffic. Any other IS owners willing to chime in on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thats horrible!! My Cobra gets around that on 100% city stop and go with 13 gallons. My BMW gets around 230-240 also on 13 gallons on same scenario, I always gas up when its a bit over half on my last quart. Again, I dont see the 335is being any different even in gas over a 335i.
When I went to Vegas I avg around 28MPG, was a 260 mile trip and still had about a quart and a half. Also driving around 75-80 MPH, did it under 3.5 hours.