View Single Post
      08-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #65
mobileinstall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE91 View Post
I'm very confident working on my car. I've been working on cars for 10 years or so now and have fitted several "handsfree" kits already. However for the sake of £50 I'd rather have someone with a bit more experience and more importantly insurance should anything go wrong.

I was looking at buying a Parrot mki9000 and fitting it myself however for the kit alone with steering wheel interface was a little over £200. But it wouldn't have had any interaction with the stereo/display. For £200 extra fitted I think this is much better.

The only thing I think is a shame is that they haven't developed a mic that fits in the oem slot rather than the standard Parrot style mic.
Here is the kit that Chris was talking about, It's £100 cheaper than the Fiscon with the steering wheel module or £200 cheaper if you use the remote that comes with the kit if your steering wheel doesn't have the telephone buttons

Voice dialling from this kit is the best on the market and it doesn't require any training. It also has iPod, USB Line In and bluetooth music streaming from your phone.