vbmw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
I wouldn't put it that strongly.

This is what I remember :

VK decided to stop offering DPs after making a batch.

So they offered the ones they already made at a severe discount. (clearance on a discontinued product)

So many people showed up asking for the clearance DPs, that VK managed to turn it into a group buy and arrange to make a bunch more.

What is really going on is that there are way more 'cheap' people driving around in BMW's that I think many companies had calculated - and VK's price is right.

I tend to look at features, and then weigh the price against them.

I'm provisionally in the market for DPs. I currently have my eyes on :
AR - because of the large volume
CP-E - because the cast section has a very gradual exhaust flow direction change

I simply like the features of those two.

Alternatively, for an IC I would look at :
AMS - by sheer size, and smooth end tanks which should have less turbulence.
VK - size is also very good (only 8% less gain in volume compared to AMS), quick reversible installation is *awesome* for dealer visits.

If a product has features that make it desirable, there will be buyers.
Price isn't the end-all of purchasing decisions.

Consider value added vs price paid, and what's the value 'to you personally'.

-scheherazade
I am not sure where you are getting these details of VK Downpipe evolution. I would also not classify smart people as "Cheap"...its all subjective. As a consumer myself , i dont see reason to pay a premium for a commodity mechanical object , its not rocket science...cant justify paying $350 more for AR which may or may not provide HP gains.

DP's are not high tech , China and Taiwan manufactures high tech semicon devices , fabs etc...cant see why DP's would be a big deal.

Also wanted to clarify...Price + Benefits is what a consumer evaluates products.

Good Price and product benefit is the best combination , in this case VK offers both. I have purchased both the VK OC and IC...couldnt be more happier...this is not the first time the critics come out of woods...Only time will tell and hopefully VK will push the prices down on all products and make us the consumers the winning bunch

Btw....thanks the GDP data, very interesting..that's the kind of stuff i like.
BMW X5 4.8 is
Appreciate 0