Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 space gray/coral red

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
Thumbs down v31.x = lag

I dropped my car off because I was getting faulty notices regarding my brake pads needing replacement (car has 9000 miles and seen 1 track day). Technician tells me I have plenty of pad left and they are going to check the sensors.

They tell me the sensors are fine but the computer needs updating otherwise I will continue to get this error and others may spring up.

The SA couldn't tell me the exact version, but they used at least v31.

Maybe I am just paranoid from reading the v29.2 posts, but I do notice considerable lag in higher gears. Cruising in 4th gear at 2200rpm I could push the gas and get immediate response, now I get the lag and slingshot effect - it totally sucks. (I have 6mt for anyone wondering)

I suppose I can alter my driving habits/technique, but this is not what I signed up for.

My exhaust is noticeably louder as well, which I have mixed feelings about.

I am already thinking about getting the Dinan tune and I have had the car back for less than 24 hours.

GIAC S2 | Brembo GT BBK 355/345 | BBS CH-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | AR Design: DP, S1 Oil Cooler, OCC | AMS FMIC | Bastuck Quad Exhaust | Borla MP | KW V1 | Stett: CAI, CP | Forge DV | P3 Boost Gauge | Arkym: Front Lip, Rear Quad Diffuser | Vorsteiner CSL Trunk | LUX H8 | ModMyNav | MFD M3 Sideskirts | BMW M-Tech Front/Rear Bumpers, Edition Grills
Appreciate 0