10-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #1270
Thumperx
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster4075 View Post
I did the 6FL USB retrofit, although I did mine with a CIC installed in my 2007 E90. I could never get an answer if it would work with my CCC. However, when I removed my CIC to sell the car, the USB port still worked with the CCC.

I bought all the components from the OEM USB retrofit kit... the MULF, the USB hub, the harnesses...everything. I downloaded the manual and bought all the parts from the online parts listing and got the MULF on ebay. It was a fair amount of work, but in the end it was great. I just followed the factory instructions for the wiring and it worked out fine. Believe me, you don't already have any of the parts necessary to make it work - you have to put in the port and ALL associated wiring, and the module to make it work. For whatever reason, BMW says that the the 6FL would not work on my car (too early of a build), but it did ultimately work.
Glad to read that you are successful in your retrofit. Do you know what you build date is?
Name: Blanca | 07 E92 | AW-Blk | ZSP | Alcon BBK | M3 Bits | VM RR Links | Koni | UUC Sways | V5 | Dinan CAI | ETS IC | Fge DV | ER CP | Cyba | Raden. Exh | Mod Step | Trunk Drawer | Perf LED Wheel | Illum Dr Sills | IS Shifter | Parrot | Philps D1S | 6000k fog | MTECH RR | CSL Trunk | Aero | Roof Spoiler | PSS on BBS RS-GT 19s
Appreciate 0