View Single Post
      09-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #28
Doctor T
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB 430i xDrive, AW E90 LCI M-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
DoctorT, I called Krown and my quote was $119.99 + HST (around $135). I think going with Krown which has a good reputation with the higher end cars and who can provide a no-drill option (I was told by someone he went to Rust Check, told them not to drill and they still did it anyway) is worth the extra cost.
Damn, I'd be pissed if they drilled my car after giving instructions not to. There was also a study done by the Canadian Army that ranked the Krown formula quite good at preventing corrosion on vehicles. (Although they apply the oil themselves). What's your thoughts on getting it done now vs spring time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
As an aside, I'm thinking of going with the BMW Performance air intake in addition to the Dinan exhaust system. After researching a lot with the HPFP and of the times I've had HPFP problems (long drives in hot weather), it seems to be overheating turbos. The BMW turbos run insanely hot and I think cooling it down will definitely help.
Ok, I read that the BMW Performance Exhaust actually reduced power based on 135 before/after dyno tests. I'll check out the Dinan exhaust. Thanks for the update. Interesting point on the overheating turbos. The performance air intake may cool them down a bit?
Appreciate 0