09-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-wall View Post
Hi, new to the forum but not to BMW. I've had a 2006 330i, 2009 335i, and now a 2011 335 xdrive sedan with the performance kit including the exhaust. I love the Jerez Black and the Individual series piano black and carbon fibre look.
The exhaust is not tinny like some of the huge mufflers the Hondas or Toyotas have put on. Instead it is raspy and gnarly. My only complaint is that on highway drives it can drone on and get tiresome.
Other than that, I really recommend the performance kit. I didn't think I'd feel the extra power from my 2009 335i but it is noticeable.
I need some forum members advice please....I'm useless mechanically. I recently returned from a 500 mile trip and ran over something on the road. I didn't think much of it until I looked at the back under the car. On the rear right, I have some of the diamond aluminum hanging down where I look on the other side, the diamond aluminum is covering the muffler and then that is covered by a plastic cover.
On my rear right, I've broken the plastic cover and looks like I've bent out of shape the diamond aluminum...I don't remember it hanging like that before.
I'm thinking of just hammering it back up against the muffler and not bothering with replacing the plastic cover.....
Any advice...did I do something drastic?

Thanks for your help,
Walter

Pics would help. Not understanding you. Are you referring to the serial #/badge plate(s) on the mifflers?
Appreciate 0