03-19-2012, 04:07 AM   #48
kokignatov
Enlisted Member
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 2.0 d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevendous03 View Post
It's actually wattage, not voltage. I'm not entirely sure whether the car really sends less wattage after the VO is changed. I'm thinking it basically tells the car that the lower wattage ballasts are not blown 55W bulbs, so the ECU won't try to power off that section or try to throw errors. I could be wrong, but this makes sense to me, because here's what happens when I turn on my high beams... my bixenon activates and so do my inner halogen bulbs (even though I coded the VO $522). You would think in my case that my inner halogens wouldn't light up at all if less wattage was sent.

Even still, I'd do the VO $522 for xenons, and if your halogen high beams don't light, it's not that big of a deal. How often do you use your high beams? I'd think low beam failure and footwell module malfunction would be way worse.
So can someone say does the ecu change the current and voltage after adding $522 or it's the same just no errors cuz when you nicht_aktiv the test for the low beams for example must be the same. Correct me if i am wrong i am new at these things but willing to learn...
Appreciate 0