View Single Post
      11-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
jesselou
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 335

doubt about female friend...

I have this weird relationship/friendship with a female friend of mine. We are both socially awkward, quiet/shy nerds. We’re 22 years old, have similar personalities and both don’t have that many friends, well we have acquaintances but not people we consider to be close friends. We met each other through classes 4 years ago in 2008 and we got along well for that 1 semester of class but after that we didn’t talk or hang out at all until I ran into her May 2012 when we realized that we both worked in the same building and just a few lab rooms down the hall. We started talking, catching up and hanged out a bit. As the summer progressed, we became closer friends. Even at the end of the summer, I helped her move apartments twice (its complicated, but she didn’t like her new place and moved again after 2 weeks). And as time passed, we hanged out more and more to the point where we basically got dinner every night and usually hang out/ talk about random stuff for a few hours before dropping her off back at her apartment. The thing is that we have talked about relationship stuff and I know that I’m not her type and technically, she’s not my type. I say technically since she is VERY cute and wife- material, but I can’t imagine us being together for the long haul. Her bipolar personality compounded with her family obligations makes it not too feasible for us to get together, so I basically threw that thought out the window. She also has this other guy that she has a crush on. So now, we are just friends and I’m ok with it. I mean, we hang out a lot and get dinner together almost every night, which is kinda convenient since I’m not so lonely and always eat by myself or order take out. My problem is that I’m not sure if I should still spend time with her or so much time... I sometimes feel like I’m wasting time by not meeting other people but to not hang out with someone because there’s no chance of getting into a relationship seem like a very shallow reason to alienate someone. I’m more of a sentimental/ stereotypical ‘nice’ guy and I’m not trying to get in her pants or anything… but at the same time, I don’t want to screw myself over by wasting so much time on someone who has no future. I do value her as a friend though… what should I do?

For those of you who are gonna tell me to grow some balls, tell me to PIITB or ask for pictures, save your time and just move on to the next thread. thanks!
Appreciate 0