10-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #19
phil200tdi
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom
Sorry to hear about your turbos phil? What happened? How long did it take to replace/source them? Did new OEM turbos come with the newer wastegate arms?

I'm asking so many questions because in the back of my mind I'm pretty sure at some-point I'll have to do the same with my car..luckily the garage that did most of my mods have done turbos on a 330d before so have some experience, just trying to work out how much to put aside for the worst case scenario .
Took 8hrs labour to replace in total.

Darren Woods is 165 miles each way from me but they have done numerous 335i turbo replacements and can do it without removing the engine. I asked them to check the wastegates but to get some oem turbos in on sale or return just in case. Unfortunately as i suspected I needed new ones...

While tempting, I expect hybrid turbos would have cost an extra £1k+ which I wasn't prepared to drop right now. Car has 91k miles.

The turbos are the most recent version, the part numbers are not even on realoem yet.

I really can't recommend DW highly enough if you need a turbo replacement/upgrade.