Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangorang View Post
Good review. Is the spring rate on the PSS10 the same as on the PSS9?

So the car sits too low always or only under load like on a track? I keep reading complaints about this setup being too low in the front even at the highest setting.
I can't tell you the spring rates on the PSS9 unfortunately, maybe the colleague from Denmark who has it installed can help you out on that question.

And yes, it's permanently too low, it's just exacerbated on the track because it's under load there.

I can confirm that my case is not an isolated one. I know of several others with complaints relating to the ride height and clunking of the front dampers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekky View Post
Very thorough! Thanks for that!

I too will most likely upgrade to the Öhlins R&T as well. I'm on Eibach Multi-Pro R1's right now and am very happy, however. No clunking whatsoever... yet.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
Is this where your front struts are currently adjusted?

because you can raise the spring perch another inch at least, which will raise the car. however, if the rear collars are already turned all the way down, you wouldn't be able to raise the rear to even it out.
Yes, I know - because of the Dinan camber plates and the bad roads package I would now have a little more room in the front.

However, the rear is already on its maximum height setting, and if I raise it in the front it will go even lower in the back, which will not look good at all. That's why I leave it like it is in the front, even though I could go a little higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallard View Post
ive got the pss9 B14 set and i like it,
strange the height adjustment on yours was so limited? im only half way down on mine
That looks good. It's what I wanted my car to look like, with the possibility to set it even a bit higher if I wanted to.

It seems that the problem is limited to the B16/PSS10 and that the B14/PSS9 does not have this problem. Had I known that before I might have gone with the same as yours!

Alpina_B3_Lux