N55guy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Garage List
2014 BMW m235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
You are referring to the Alpina TCU software. The Alpina B3 shares the same auto transmission as the 335i, but is "calibrated" to be more agressive for the road course environment and higher power output. Essentially what the flash does is overwrites your TCU (transmission computer) with the Alpina software to take advantage of the more agressive calibrations. This flash will only work on N54's with a build date of 03/07 or later, and the N55. What this will give you:

-Will show your gear in any mode:
(D becomes D1, D2, D3 etc)
(DS becomes S1, S2, S3 etc)
-Shifting in D mode will happen earlier and will feel smoother (6th gear at 40mph)
-S mode is more agressive and will shift quicker/hold revs longer (less slippage)
-M mode is more agressive and will shift quicker
-Rev matching downshifts in M and S are smooth/crisp/fast

Here is a quick video I made to demonstrate the shifting in M mode (not showing acceleration ). Hope this helps you all. If any of you would like to recieve remote assistance on this, I would highly reccomend Ken, @Wedge1967. He was the first to flash his transmission in the US and has alot of experience doing so, more than myself. OP, with your COBB, your transmission will be seeing unmodified actual load values being sent from the ECU, compared to a piggyback/canned tune such as JB/Procede. The Alpina flash can take advantage of this. What this essentially means is that your transmission will bump up line pressure to be able to better hold the increased HP/TQ output of the car without slippage.

Thank you very much!! You just saved me a ton of time!!
Appreciate 0