View Single Post
      11-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #228
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Is should be peaking later than that. I have not tried to work out the RPM. I don't know what gear the run was in etc.

I was just commenting on the boost curve. My thoughts are that running 15-16psi boost is not recommended at high RPM, but at lower RPM where turbo efficiency is still good, an otherwise stock engine is quite happy to take that boost level. At low RPM there is really no difference between a FBO car and a stock car. All the parts on a FBO car that increase flow only really start to offer benefit at high RPM where the flow is pushing the limits of the stock parts.

It could be that the power is dropping off early. The tune was installed only a short time before the dyno run, and may have been too aggressive on timing and had a timing dropout at high RPM. With some time to learn that would improve. I ahve certainly not had persistent issues with low top end power in my dyno tuning with the Procede. Usually power peak is 5500-6000 depending on mods/boost. Power then drops off after that, and how quick it drops off depends on mods. Stock intake and DPs will make it drop off quite quickly.
Appreciate 0