View Single Post
      11-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #231
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

That graph has something not right. THe fact he power went down and then back up is not right. Sometimes it can be when an Auto changes gears. If it is not a gear change, then it is a big timing frop out, or some other issue. Power curves should not normally look like that. I was not there for the run and no nothing about the car, so I can't say anything other than that the power curve does not look right.

Your graph does drop off more steeply than I would expect, but it is hard to come to conclusions without knowing the RPM. I presume Peter was revving close to redline, so the 186kph is around 6500 or so. THat makes your max power around 5250, which is a little early. As state, I normally expect around 5500-6000. Since this was probably the first time your engine had ever seen that higher boost at that higher RPM, I would say with some learning it will clean up.

The big thing for power on N54s is the DPs. FMIX is not as effective as DPs. I think the ideal bang for buck setup for an N54 is tune (procede!!) + DPs + DCI. Good for 240-250kW ATW end getting much more than that means alot more $$$. After that, add meth for 270-280.

Flat Shift requires some extra wiring to be added that is included in later model Procede harnesses, but yours did not have it. Also, I have the 10-9 Stage 0 MT map in your car.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0