03-05-2014, 05:16 AM   #23
Nobber
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 'That' 335i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by c20let View Post
Having owned a 335i manual also, I actually prefer the auto in the E91. It's a great gearbox. I like the option of having the choice of fully auto or being able to use the steering wheel paddles.
Personal preference though, I wasn't sure about the auto before I viewed this car. But I absolutely loved it with the auto.
For those that haven't driven the auto in these cars, I wouldn't write it off until you've tried it.
I second this. I was 100% against the Auto until i actually drove one. I searched for 6 months for a manual with the other options/spec I wanted and nothing came up. When my current car came up for sale with everything else I wanted apart from it being an auto, I just had to go and try it.

To my amazement it was simply brilliant. You get the best of both worlds in my opinion as sometimes I just leave it in D (sat in traffic) but most of the time, I flip it over to DS, pull a paddle and BOOM, bring the noise!!

Two things to think about with the Auto though -

1. The push/pull paddles are (again in my opinion) shit. I'd much prefer a left = down, right = up setup that you get on the LCi or M3, which will be a mod happening very soon on mine.

2. Get makkan00 to do the Alpina Flash Upgrade on it and you'll probably never go back to a manual!!
Appreciate 0