12-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #13
ALF_E90
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330i - see classifieds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
From a business perspective, it's plain stupid, rather than arrogant, for them to not try to get you to have more work done early. Whenever I've been in they ALWAYS try to get extra work done early, by thousands of miles some times.

It's an opportunity for them to get more money out of you while you're there (and a bit of good customer service to boot)

For all they know, once you leave they might not see you again for the next batch of work.
It seems odd, but my dealer tends to look at me like I am mad if I ask for work to be done early, and never suggest it. I sometimes drive a thousand miles a week and taking the car to the dealer is a hassle. Perhaps 99% of their customers are company car drivers who can't choose what they want done.

My car was in for an oil change service last month, and I had the brake fluid done as well. The usual health check told me I had 8mm of brake pads left, now my car has decided it wants a brake service! I thought this was 6k away but had not noticed it was 6k OR Dec 2011, whichever came first. I might call them and ask if it is really necessary to have a visual inspection of the brakes so soon after a service!!
Appreciate 0