View Single Post
      09-02-2016, 06:30 PM   #141
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

After 4 years my aquamist flow sensor finally took a dump and failed. Luckily I had a friend who had bought one many years ago and never installed it. It was the updated version with the option to dial in the voltage! I got lucky because they no longer make this sensor and have discontinued it. They have since updated it with a new version flow sensor but it requires to install aquamist HFS-6 to get the flow sensor to operate because it requires the electronic board and dash gauge to allow for map switching with Jb4 or Procede to give a signal for map change. The flow sensor no longer is encased with the electronics like the old flow sensor. I am glad my friend had an extra one that he gave me and never installed before selling his car. I installed the new one and it's all good again, if fact this one works even better than the older one I had because you can change the output voltage on it. When this one goes I am pretty much screwed. I understand why Aquamist stop making these as they were supporting other methanol systems and it wasn't smart in terms of business. Now with their new flow sensor you have no choice but to also purchase their controller and gauge In order to have a working flow sensor. Right now there is no other vendor that sells this kind of flow sensor for Methanol injection. Lebonte Motorsports is no longer a vendor and snow performance doesn't have a flow sensor that can accommodate large nozzles , plus it doesn't have a voltage output signal for users to need it for map changes.

Last edited by cn555ic; 09-03-2016 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0