Vreimann
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by canusaybimmy View Post
Hi all,

Picked up a 2012 335is a couple weeks ago...been away on business etc. and finally have time to start driving .

Getting the car tinted in the next week or so and was thinking about doing a 3m clear bra on the front to protect from chips. I was thinking 24 inches of the hood, the fenders, headlights and full bumper. With the tint work being done at the same place I can get a bit of a discount however I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Any opinions? Who has it. Who doesn't? Respray after a couple years as another alternative? I also heard the 3m stuff turns yellow after a while. Can't confirm this as some say it does and some say it doesn't!

Thanks.
Have had it on all my cars including the 335D. If the installer is good and uses a good product and you garage the car you won't know you have the film on the car. You do have to hand clean the film or you will see the line over time. For me its about 6 months. I have it on the bumper, 12 inches up the hood, A-Pillar Arms, mirrors, from the top of the windshield to the sunroof, behind the rear wheel on the quarter panel, and on the rear bumper to prevent trunk loading scrapes.

After 5 years you will notice the film from discolouration, however the protection from the sand/ gravel in Canada is worth it.