View Single Post
      11-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #18
Nate*
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Only an idiot would pay that much for an N52 exhaust.
Lastly, you know that guy doesn't know shit since he thinks there's a 25hp gain rofl.

As for the Eisenmann, I've never heard it in person but I would imagine it's too loud and boomy. The last thing I'd want is a 328 that screams "race me" and then loses to a lightly modded VW GTI.

My personal requirements for N52 exhausts:
-100% DRONE FREE. These are luxury cars, not kid's cars.
-Little to no "boom." That low womp that sounds like a muffler delete.. it sounds cheap.
-Quiet at low revs, refined yet properly loud under accel. PE is higher pitched which is perfect for a small inline 6. Magnaflow on the 330 does this very well to, although it has a low growl instead.

The last thing you want your 328 to do is be louder than a faster car. For example, when your car is louder than a C63 AMG or M3, you'll look like a fucking loser. A lot of people want their exhausts loud from inside the cabin - this method isn't recommended. Our cars are meant to deaden sound, so you're going to end up with a car that's way too loud on the outside but "ok" on the inside. Judge from the outside.
I agree that I don't want my car to sound anything like or louder than a C63 AMG or M3 because that would just be ludicrous. I do want it to have a nice kick though so that it doesn't sound so electric or battery-powered. I believe the Eisenmann Race Muffler+Catback would provide a nice sound, but the price for it is not worth it. I want to know if anyone thinks the Magnaflow #16537 Full catback exhaust system would be the next best thing? Quality, sound, and price.
Appreciate 0