02-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
Imperator
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
We have some canned files. They come with our kits.

Quite frankly, I consider what you're looking for to be IP - the results of costly R+D and the use of expensive test gear and years of experience. The process created lots of character for me. Not sure why I should rip you off from having the same rewarding experience I did
We're on the same page here. I completely understand a proper solution requires a significant amount of time and tuning with tools that aren't cheap or easy to come by in the first place.

Quote:
No offense meant - as you know, you and I corresponded and conversed about this general upgrade topic quite a bit already. If you decide to do the work to analyze what to do with your Zapcos, I am happy to give you my advice on the gear to use (which is now much less costly than what I bought a few years back).
None taken, it's just that at the time we talked, I believe you were still awaiting product shipment and a donor car to create the tune. I'm not exactly looking for someone to publish the solution on this forum but would appreciate the guidance from those more experienced to state:

1.) whether the SWS-8 is a proper choice to substitute for the midbass driver

2.) if someone with the Zapco DPN software has corrected the stereo's predefined EQ curve

3.) if additional EQ settings are necessary to get the SWS-8s to properly fill midbass and sub-bass needs

and

4.) if the absence of a remote level control is a hindrance to some who might want to adjust output levels to the SWS-8s on-the-fly, especially when switching input sources or music genres
Appreciate 0