View Single Post
      10-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #45
CYL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
No, you can change setup from OEM... whether you want wider tyres and/or wider wheels, there is a certain degree of tolerance where things will fit a-ok.

If you have 225M wheels you could easily go to 19x8.5, 19x9.5 with similar offsets and it'll fit. Likewise if your tyres are currently 225/255 you could go to 235/265 without much drama.

ET, also known as offset, is how far in, or how far out your wheel will sit.
An ET of Zero (0) will mean the wheel mounts to the hub in exactly the middle of the wheel. Whereas a positive ET (eg +30) sees it sit inside by 30mm.
Going from an ET of 35 to ET30 would see the wheel stick out 5mm more... make sense?

Here is a handy calculator as well: http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator
Thanks Stu, I have read that calculator before too.
Hmm...I am buying a 325 coupe with style 67 19" rims plus 245/35/19 tyres on ALL wheels, so, just thinking if there is any impact to the car, and want to see if those tyres can be used on a 225 rims that I am going to buy from a forum member here.
In regards to tirerack, I saw thread before saying that different operator at their side will have different shipping quotes....
I am thinking of the continental DW, or the kumho 31 as the PSS is too expensive, I was told the PSS in a set of 4 costs $1800....
Appreciate 0