View Single Post
      11-02-2013, 06:09 AM   #8
wheelie good
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi I hope you do not mind me asking on your sale thread, but was looking yesterday and I noticed the silver metal square weights on your alloys.

I have the same alloys as yours and over the last three months I have picked up at least one and maybe two sets of these(were probably at least 4 or 5 squares) but not realised that these were from the alloys. Had building work going on at the time.

So if these drop off what will be the problem that it creats:-

1. Is it the wheels needs balancing?
2. Or the car will need tracking?

I had assumed it would be a wheel balancing problem but when I took the car in the person in garage suggested it would need tracking. Whats the difference between balancing and tracking? Garage was very busy and did not book the car in.

If I let go off the steering wheel for around 4-5 secends the car drives straight then it starts to drift to the left and keeps drifting.

I asked him how much it would be to track the car and he replied £20. I have used this garage before many times for my golf and being great. But I have read that alot of people get tracking done on a special machine for like around £100 for BMW's. Whats the name of this machine(make/model) and is it worth the extra money?
Appreciate 0