grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijaih View Post
I don't want to derail the thread, I was just pointing out the price difference. I won't go into my exact thoughts on it, but...

I work with computers and have worked with tuning Mustangs in the past. I also have a bachelor's in Bussiness, which I have analyzed products from creation to death a million times over. I understand more R&D equals more cost. If I'm not mistaken it is the same procede in both cars, so that equipment cost is the same. I do understand the purchase of a 335i is more than an EVO. I do understand that if the EVO is easier to tune than the BMW, that the cost will be lower. I do know what I am talking about, but also understand you can do whatever you want with your business.

I also know that the longer a product is out the less it costs to make and as you spend less R&D on a product as the product matures, aka not spending nearly the time tuning the car than at the beginging. Your arguement of that it was 2 years for the BMW and seems to be a couple months or so for the EVO, means the EVO procede should be about $200. Since there is so much less time spent on it. I guess my base point is, at what point does the procede for BMW start dropping in price. No I don't expect it to be free, nor do I expect you to lose money.

I'm not here to piss off Vishnu, since I do like their product and research from what I have seen on this forum. I am thinking about getting the procede when I get my new car.

BTW, congratulations on the EVO article and nice work on the tuning.
Well, the price for the 335 Procede has come down if you factor in V2 being included when it was a cost item for those of us who bought early.
Appreciate 0