View Single Post
      06-23-2007, 08:32 AM   #17
merle
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335

Epilogue - Well, they finally did upgrade the software. The guy called the next morning and said something that a "Pullman" case was approved or something like that? Never heard of that.. but anyway, they did it and the new version is much faster than the previous.

But what a nightmare that whole experience was.. not only the software, but I was such an idiot that I left my laptop in the rental car when I returned it! When I called back a few hours later, they (Enterprise) had already rented the car (a shining new Hyundai - VOB has an Enterprise for their courtesy cars, but it's only for 1 day) along with my laptop! Argh... after 24 more stressful hours, they called back and told me that the guy returned the computer.. thank god for honest people. However I looked at my Amex statement this morning and there was a charge for $42 for damage insurance that I mistakenly signed for! Again, I'm such an idiot but I KNOW I told the lady that I didn't want any other insurance. I've rented a 1000 rental cars and always waive the insurance so I don't know how I signed or initialed for it. There's 6 places to initial and when you're late for work, you just do it where they tell you. I was so unhappy... Enterprise said they would credit one day back... oh well, something is better than nothing! End of the saga...