View Single Post
      09-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #23
Doctor T
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB 430i xDrive, AW E90 LCI M-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermist99 View Post
yes thats what i was thinking. in Auto with the torque converter, you won't even feel the turbo lag.

seriously, i can take a normal speed right turn in the car at an intersection and leave it in 4th and acclerate back to normal speed and totally keep up with traffic. The car loafs a little but no downshift nessessary haha. The brakes are farrrrrrrr stronger than the regular 3 series too, makes street Heel & Toe diffcult.

One of my priority mods on the N54 is a exhaust that is not too loud/annoying... it has enough power but no personality
hmm, interesting point about the heel & toe. Other than my 335i test drive which had a step, I had a chance to drive my buddy's dinan chipped 335 MT coupe - but that was out in cottage country where I could open it up a bit, which of course was awesome. Didn't get much real city driving experience.

I read one post where someone mentioned that the newer n55 somehow manages to keep boost up even during shifts with an MT. But I haven't seen anything else to confirm that.

I honestly would've gotten a 328i, but the M-sport package for the 335i was too tempting for me to resist. Then I dismissed the 335d, because it was automatic only.

I was thinking about an exhaust too. Besides the sound - hopefully it would get a bit more power in the higher rpm range. I'd be interested in what you decide.
Appreciate 0