View Single Post
      07-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
Jsoboti
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E92 M-Sport 6MT

Electrical problem? I hope

Here's a new mystery for us to try and solve. I'm running a 2011 E92 335i M-sport 6MT. Mods are JB4 G5 ISO w/ Flex Fuel Wires, Catless DP, BMS performance intake.

The other day I get in my car, start her up and I get this. The owners manual says it's either "control of the brake lamps failed" or "fuel supply malfunctioning"

I saw this, turned her off and then right back on again and the error message was gone. Over the past few days I've deduced that the error only pops up after the ECU has gone back to sleep and is woken up again. If I start the car while the ECU is still "awake" i do not get the error.

Since I have recently installed flex fuel wires I naturally assume it is most likely related to the fuel system. There are no symptoms in the driving, she runs great.

Any ideas?
Attached Images

JB4 G5 ISO FF | BMS Performance Intake | BMS Wheel Spacers | VRSF Catless DP | Red CYBA Scoops | Supreme Power Lowering Perches | VRSF Charge Pipe | VMR 810 19x8.5 ET35 19x9.5 ET33 | Michelin PSS 235/265 | BMS CDV | BMS Clutch Stop | 4'' Tips
Appreciate 0