View Single Post
      09-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

And the other side of the coin:

My lad's Civic got hit by a classic Mini on Monday. He was turning into our road, which is a single track, with no splay visibility due to buildings on either side, and no pavement. There was a van coming the other way, so he had to stop. Being used to the road, he wasn't going quickly, but the Mini driver misjudged and hit the back of the Civic, although not seriously. Mini was driveable, but only just. My lad thought the Mini driver was going to do a runner, but he parked up down the road. The Van driver said he'd be a witness for us. Mini driver was young (my lad is 20), and after initially denying any responsibility, he saw sense and owned up and said he'd pay for the repairs as he didn't want to involve insurances. My wife knows of the Mini driver's family and was less than impressed, as they are perhaps not the most honest or upright of families in the area. My lad went round the local bodyshops and got some quotes, and presented them to the driver, and he said they were OK with that - they picked the cheapest, of course. The Mini driver would pay my lad on Friday when he got paid from work. Sure enough, on Friday, the money was forthcoming without argument, and my lad was able to get his car booked in and picked it up this afternoon, as good as new (well, as good as it ever was, anyway!)

Mike
Appreciate 0