08-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #88
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk View Post
what happens iof something happens to my engine, should listen to some guy on the internet selling a 100$ part with 3 wires sticking out which everyone seems to hate and he gets banned from the most popular 335i and e90/e92 forum?
1. Not everyone hates the guy. I reserve hate for things that really matter in life. Car tuning is way down on that list...

2. Here's the kicker: not one of these tuners warranty your engine at all. If anything were to happen to your engine, all of them would hang you out dry. You would be on your own. (Dinan excepted).

3. More food for thought - as a general rule, the more boost you run, the more things can go wrong, and if they do, the more expensive it is likely to get. This is not a slight on any of these tuners - in fact I'd run any of their products in my car, based on my current knowledge.

If I wanted to run lots of boost, I'd probably go with Dinan. That way there's a big door I can knock at if the engine takes the hood with it when it blows.

I just wanted to post something different here, to generate a slightly different perspective. And to the OP - you're the Man!
Appreciate 0