07-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
HarrisonK
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
It depends on the type of speed measuring device the camera supports. If the camera is working with a time/distance model, no. If it's simply a radar, yes. If it's laser, yes, but it won't matter, you're caught.

As a District resident, I'm surprised you even get caught at all. The lights are often timed so you can catch waves of green for long distances if you just drive around 27 mph, give or take. You may want to explore trying to find routes that non residents don't generally use as those routes don't often have cameras, and they certainly have a lot less traffic. Most often, the roads I use are ones that don't directly enter and exit the city. For example, 11th or 15th street to travel north, east of 16th street. I live between Mass Ave and Cleveland Ave, so I often use Woodland Dr instead of Cleveland.

Just some ideas. All the best.
Thanks for the answer. I typically do the same thing. I live on Mass and Nebraska area. I typically dont have issues in DC unless I'm going somewhere that I'm unfamiliar with, since I've learned where all the cameras are. Its more for highways in MD,DC, and VA.
Appreciate 0