View Single Post
      02-28-2008, 09:07 AM   #85
superman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjafari View Post
if i wanted a car that looks like a$$ but was fast I wouldve bought a SRT4 and modded the $hit out of it.

135 is a poor mans 335...why get an ugly car to save 4-5k?? If your already dropping 40k might as well get the nicer car...

To top it off, I cant imagine why anybody would pay close to 40k for such a small/ugly car. 40 k could buy alot nicer cars, I think the 135 should be priced around 30k loaded

You can not compare this car to a neon, twin turbo inline 6 to 4 cyl turbo. Give me a break. Have you ever seen the car in person. The car looks more aggresive and sporty then the 3 in person. I'll admit the photos can make it look awkward in person, but in person it is very aggresive looking. You say why would anyone pay 40k for a small car, what about the last generation 3 series, it was pretty much the same size. Poor man's 335, yeah ok, so then what do you have, poor man's 535. You could say that all the way down the BMW line if you wanted. They are two different types of cars, one more for that everyday driving, and the other is going back to the route's of bmw, a smaller yet sportier car. It may be heavier then the older bmw's but it has a nice size, and for today's cars is not heavy. I know you people say its only 200 pounds lighter then the 3, but hey 200 pounds is 200 pounds. With a curb weight around 3200 pounds, it is not that heavy at all. I'm of course estimating the curb weight from the unladen weight BMW gives on their website.

Chris
Appreciate 0