View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
hurricane56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromisdesigns View Post
I stopped by my indy mechanic that I have used for years today to inquire about what the cost would be to have the auto transmission serviced on my 2008 335i -- talk about sticker shock!

They quoted me $900 to do the "complete" service -- 2 fluid changes with car driven in between to circulate more of the old fluid from the torque converter, new integrated pan/filter and gasket, and change the shaft seal while the pan is off.

$300 to just do a drain and refill.

Are these prices out of line? Generally, they are pretty reasonable in what they charge, but I was surprised by this quote.

I have just under 60K miles on the car, and will probably be keeping it for a while. My wife is thinking maybe just do nothing at all until 100K recommended fluid change, then do the whole job.

Any comments on the price or suggestions on which procedure to do, or just let it go until 100K, if we still have the car then.
What shop did you go to in SF? Before I moved back to the bay, I had my trans fluid replaced for about $250. $300 doesn't seem completely out of tune with the area.
Appreciate 0