View Single Post
      04-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #14
u170who
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2nice View Post
Im having a problem right now as i speak where my battery voltage is currently at 17.3 volts...all the light on the dash light up including transmission, abs, airbag, traction etc. can only drive the car a few feet until i get the temp warning and the car shuts down due to the waterpump not getting the proper current to operate it.. Im wondering if its the voltage regulator or the ibs. Problem first occured while sitting in the car for about 10 mins at idle and then the dash lit up like a christmas tree lol
I don't know if this may be your problem, but i just found out my fuse box needs to be changed. I had a strange problem where the windshield wipers would shut off when it rains. i took it to an indy shop and ended up throwing away $500 for a new wiper switch and it wasn't the problem. I brought it back to the dealer and he said that the codes told them it was the fuse box. I think this can cause other problems too, such as yours. Take it to the dealer. You'll end up spending less in the long run. Just bargain with them on the charges. My dealer is charging me $500 less than normal, so they have a lot of leeway in terms of charging customers.
Appreciate 0