Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl4U View Post
Ill try to keep this brief as Im sure no one will read it if its long:

Booked a flight through travelocity & paid in full upon booking- missed my flight, airline gives me a travel voucher.

Called airline to schedule new flight, they charged my CC three times- almost 2Gs and never reserved my ticket because they could not confirm my seat

Takes about 45094509 calls and 3 weeks to get my credit back on my CC.

Called airline yesterday to use voucher, they tell me I never paid for my original ticket so they cannot allow me to use my credit.

Ummm WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I paid for my god damned ticket when I booked the original flight.

This was back in Jan so obviously ive paid my CC bill. Can I try to dispute the original charge??

Dood, Airlines and tickets are some kind of Voodoo, I feel for you.

Online reservations at United web site for 2 first class seats on a recent flight was something like $2200 from SEA to TPA. OK I needed to make a quick change so going down the road I called United directly and made some date changes. She Told me the new total was $2800 and I was like OK fine.

Well it wasn't until we are back in Seattle and I see my Amex statement that I learn no no, the tickets weren't $2800 total (the previous online total really was $2200 for both seats) no I had paid $2800 EACH for the same seats, same flight, two days later than the original flight. So now instead of $2800 Total, I was faced with $5750 or so of ticket charges... I was more than a little pissed.

Well apparently there was no mistake made. Making my own reservations online at United VS Reservations over the phone at United more than doubled the cost of the tickets and the lady on the other end of the phone said nothing to this effect.

So, after about a dozen phone calls I got a portion of my money back, but no real resolution, nor admission of shady dealings or screwy practices.

But I will say that I never use any of the online travel sights and I generally get my Tickets at or below any of their advertised prices simply by going directly through the airlines online. Works great.

I hope you get this resolved, I also lost about $600 to Southwest Airlines a couple of years ago, never managed to recover that money.